Monday, June 14, 2010

Strange Days Indeed - Weekly Update June 14, 2010

(Ahem. Well, I still refer to this as a “weekly update” even though I haven’t posted here in about 75 weeks or so…)

Ah, the banks of Big Sandy Bottom are dried up. No sign of life anywhere. It is time to Save Big Sandy Bottom! This year's slogan:

Big Sandy Bottom: Back Again in 2010!
Intensive restoration plans are in place and hopefully within the year, it will be its old lively self again.

Believe it or not, I am almost finished with the Best of Big Sandy Bottom 2009, which I know you all have been clamoring for.

In the meantime, this week I am pondering the following:

What exactly is meant by “Heirloom Quality Sleep Wear?”

I purchased a nice cotton nightgown yesterday. It wasn’t outrageously expensive, as I got it as Nordstrom Rack, marked down to 30 bucks. And it’s nice. But not fancy or anything. Plain white cotton.

And I noticed that the tag on this garment says “Heirloom Quality Sleep Wear.” WTF? Like, I’m going to leave my daughters my nightgown when I die? Haha, that would be awesome though. Can you imagine the look on Olivia’s face?

Lawyer: Okay, well I see here that Ivy gets the wedding ring and the Amesport Condo.
Olivia: Hey, what about me?
Lawyer: Hmm, I don’t see anything…oh, wait here we go – ‘I leave Olivia my heirloom quality sleep wear.”
Olivia: Hey, I didn't ask for that!
Ivy: Oh, it's just what I always wanted!

No comments: