Thursday, September 15, 2005

Major Award Alert!!!

Just to make you all jealous, I have decided to keep you informed whenever a major award comes my way.

This week, I received not one, but two major awards: a Braun handblender, and a bottle of Kenra hair spritz. Wow, incredible isn't it?

So most of you know I have a little hobby called "sweeping." Not sure exactly how I got into it, but almost two years ago I started entering sweepstakes online. Although I have been occasionally mocked by my own family members for this activity, they are always the first in line to try to take advantage when a major award is received. And Eric doesn't tease me at all anymore, not since I won $1,000. Which was won in Eric's name, and he was supposed to use it for piano lessons (!) but instead paid our taxes for that year.

Off the top of my head, here are some "major awards" I have won in the past two years:

  • Indeterminate number of stuffed "Oscar Meyer Weinermobiles"
  • The world famous Pepperidge Farm Goldfish wallet. (as Ivy said, just big enough for a goldfish to use.)
  • The aforementioned $1,000. Thank you Jessica Alba and the movie "Honey."
  • Roboots. These are so cool, but I don't really have much opportunity to wear them. It's hard to sucessfully wear blue plastic boots that clang and stomp every time you take a step.
  • Victoria Principal Skin Care line.
  • Philosophy Cosmetics "Amazing Grace" body lotion.
  • Snoop Dog Cd. (yess!) Still unopened. Haven't even been able to sell it on ebay.
  • $50 gift certificate to Petsmart.
  • 9 bottles of OPI nail polish.
  • Stila lip pencil and gloss.
  • 2 autographed copies of "Flower Power." (Again, can't even get rid of these babies on ebay.)
  • Planters Peanuts. hee hee.
  • Braun Handblender.
  • 30 itunes downloads.
  • Disney "Stitch" doll
  • Fat Albert Karaoke machine
  • Keeblers cookies and tote bag
  • Netscape hat and t-shirt
  • "Operation" t-shirt
  • Kneipp bath set
  • 10 week membership to Weight Watchers, food scale, weight scale, 3 weight watchers cookbooks, pedometer, 12 boxes of really yukky weight watchers "snacks".
  • Avon "Anew" laser cosmetic system
  • Neutrogena hair gloss

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of crap. And yes, I know it's mostly ALL crap, but it's really pretty fun to come home and find some random surprise in the mail. I will give this all up when I win the following : a car, a vacation, and plasma tv. In the meantime, I faithfully continue to enter every sweepstakes I possibly can.

The big downside-I receive ALOT of email spam.

No comments: