Thursday, December 04, 2008

Prevent Unwanted Presidencies!

Title compliments of Secretary of State Debra Bowen, who was the speaker at our conference today. She says someone gave her a bumper sticker with that slogan (tagline underneath it : make every election tally a hand job)...


So greetings from the happiest place on earth. Thus far in my trip I have seen/heard/experienced the following:

  • A fellow city clerk entirely too into christmas. This lady was wearing a hideous christmas sweater, on top of a turtleneck covered with candy canes; a light-up Rudolph necklace, tree bulb earrings and a Santa hat! At a conference! I guess someone must've told her it was a bit too much, because today she toned it down and replaced the santa hat with a giant red christmas bow in her hair. And some jingle bells on her shoes.

  • I observed an interaction between two women that culminated in one of the women's husband shouting "Bitch, we're here to have a good time so shut your fucking mouth!"

And a zippity-do-dah to you too, sir.


I felt really sorry for the woman who was being yelled at, until she berated a young man with Down's Syndrome for not getting on the train in a speedy fashion.

  • I rode on the Storybook Boats with a seeing-eye poodle. This dog was totally cool, and may be the only creature on the planet who enjoys that ride as much as I do. (There is some truth to the rumor that I plan to buy an estate with enough acreage to build my own Storybook Boat canal. According to the ride operator, 3 acres should be about right.)
  • Eric and I saw just the cutest...well you couldn't really call them a couple since there were three of them...let's just go with the cutest little group of bigamists ever. I don't actually know if they were married, though. Well, anyway, it was a guy who looked just like Dog the Bounty hunter, except his hair was in a long skinny braid. And he had two wives. Or girlfriends. Or hookers, I don't know. Two women, one of whom bore a slight resemblance to the mother on the "Patridge Family," were all over this guy. You couldn't keep track of whose hands were in whose pants. It was really quite gross, all this during the Christmas fireworks show.

So it was a really nice trip. Eric and I had a great time sitting in the lobby of the Grand Californian each night, watching Santa (I swear it was the real Santa) talk to all the little kids. Just really frickin' adorable, it was.

I love Disneyland!

No comments: