Thursday, January 12, 2006

I WANNA BE A GILMORE GIRL!!!

So in late December, Olivia was bored and started watching the TV show "Gilmore Girls." I came home from work one day and she told me it was a really good show. I said "No, it's not." And she said "Yes, it is." And I said "No, it's not." Etc. So you can see that we already have the whole "witty, fast paced dialogue" thing down...

Rory....damn! Olivia.....OLIVIA asked for Season 1 on DVD for Christmas and someone, the guys who run the Coastside Markup, I believe, gave it to her.

23 days later, not a night has gone by that Rory, I mean Olivia, and I don't curl up on the couch and watch at least 2 episodes. Eric hasn't come upstairs in three weeks. As soon as he hears the opening theme music, he sighs and retreats to our room, no doubt to watch manly-type shows like pro wrestling and Dr. Phil. He HATES the Gilmore Girls. Which is really unfortunate because Olivia and I ARE the Gilmore Girls. We're funny! We're smart! We're beautiful! He could learn alot about living with us from watching this show.

It's not just the "Gilmore Girls" themselves, either. I want to live in Stars Hollow with grumpy, backwards-hat-wearing Luke, owner of the local diner. I want to go visit the house built by diminutive Babette, where all the downscaled ceilings and furniture must be very difficult for her extremely tall hepcat boyfriend to manuever. I desperately wanted to go to the wake for Babette's cat, Cinnamon and hear Michele the insufferable French inn employee refer to Jackson as "hee haw man". I want to take classes from Miss Patty, the zaftig and oversexed dance teacher. I want to sit down with Paris and tell her there is life after high school and college and to just CHILL OUT already.

Sigh. Unfortunately, I do not have a writer to follow me around and give me snappy comebacks to dish out at breakneck speed. My caffeine addiction is really amature stuff compared to Lorelai's. Also, my relationship with my parents is pretty normal and I'd have to really stir up the drama in order to equal the disfunctional nature of the Gilmore family.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this show I heartily recommend it. And if you are already a fan, then tell me what you think about this whole Jess and Dean issue. I mean, Jess is clearly very intelligent and funny but what a chip on his shoulder! And Dean...well, Dean is sweet and loves Rory a lot but.....zzzzzzz.

No comments: